Health and Safety
At CALGROUP we believe that our Health & Safety Policy and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) programme will contribute positively to our quality of life and our environmental footprint. This is an essential requirement of our business and we conduct our operations in such a manner as to:
- Safeguard the safety, health and welfare of employees (full and part time), clients, contracts, visitors and anyone, that may be affected by our operations
- Safeguard the environment in carrying out our normal work, to enhance the wider environment and minimise any harmful impacts as far as possible
- Strive to eliminate any foreseeable hazards which may result in personal injuries, ill health, fires, security losses and/or damage to property.
- Establish and maintain EHS procedures to assist incompliance with this policy, the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act,2005, Regulations & Codes of Practice made under the Act and/or other requirements relevant to our operations.
- Commit to continual improvement of our EHS performance, policy and procedures, through periodic review and monitoring with regular inspections to ensure that they remain relevant and appropriate to the organisation.
Ultimate responsibility for health and safety rests with the Managing Director. However, safety is the responsibility of everyone at work, and all employees including managers and supervisors, must accept responsibility for EHS issues within their own control as set out in the statement. The organisation and responsibilities for carrying out this Safety Policy are set out in the Company Safety Plan and our EHS Team will provide advice and assistance in complying with this Plan.
CALGROUP Environmental provides a comprehensive on site Environmental and Waste Management program to commercial and industrial customers.
- Reduce waste and utility costs
- Increase recycling and reuse rates
- Manage all waste streams arising, including general, haz, recyclable, specialised waste
- Improve level of services
- Provide detail reporting and compliance
- Provide full end of life solution for each stream
Our programmes are implemented by our on-site Services team of highly qualified personnel that can manage the waste and utilities on your site, allowing you to concentrate on your core business. As Site Service Representatives (SSR) these people ensure that all waste generated on-site is appropriately managed and disposed of, including completion of reports, labelling and tracking of waste, collection of disposal certificates and entering data onto customers systems (should they so wish).
With SSRs, you have the benefit of direct face-to-face daily contact with a trained waste manager who can deal with waste issues that may arise quickly and professionally Furthermore, you will only have to deal with one company to manage your waste.
Depending on your requirements and waste volumes and types generated the SSRs can spend from a half day a week up to permanently being on-site managing your waste.
Our programmes can deliver
- Substantial waste disposal cost savings
- Enables full compliance to Regulations
- Deliver value return on particular waste streams
- Reporting at a company and project level
- Includes measurement of waste arisings and their management routes
- Benchmarks for forecasting your waste arisings
- Site specific programmes
- High level of Service
- Suitable for all types of Industry
If you wish us to carry out a site survey and preliminary proposal Please contact us today.